Srinagar, July 16: In order to create awareness regarding the historical and political background of “Kashmir Dispute”, Jammu Kashmir Democratic Freedom Party Chairman Shabir Ahmad Shah today distributed pamphlets among tourists and Yatris coming to Kashmir. The pamphlets were written in English language. A delegation comprising of Freedom Party activists, JKLF (H) Chairman Javed Ahmad Mir, Chairman Islamic Political Party Muhammad Yusuf Naqash, Chairman International Forum for Justice Muhammad Ahsan Untoo, Freedom Party Secretary General Moulana Muhammad Abdullah Taari, pro-freedom leaders Muhammad Yasin Ataai, Molvi Bashir Ahmad and Narendra Singh Khalsa were himself led by Freedom Party Chairman Shabir Ahmad Shah. The delegation welcomed tourists at different hotels and tourist spots and distributed pamphlets among them. The pamphlets were also distributed at various tourist destination located in Srinagar.
Synopsis of Pamphlet :-
• During the last 23 years, more than one lakh Kashmiris have been killed and millions injured. The Kashmir which was known as “the paradise on earth” has been reduced to “hell” by the brutality, terror and bloodshed of Indian forces.
• The number of disappeared Kashmiris is more than 8000, who have been killed after getting arrested and later on buried in collective unmarked graves. Security forces have exploited the honor and dignity of Kashmiri women as a war tool. Dozens of incidents like Kunan Poshpora can be presented as proof in this regard.
• The Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA), Public Safety Act (PSA) and Disturbed Areas Act (DAA) are such draconian laws which give unlimited powers to Army. It is under the garb of such draconian and black laws that Indian armed forces inflicted brutalities upon more than one lakh Kashmiris from 1990 by arresting them on different pretexts.
• The basic reason for tyranny and oppression in Kashmir is ‘Kashmir dispute”. The then Prime Minister of India Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru had promised Kashmiris in 1947 that they will be given the right to choose the political future of Kashmir and their decision will be honored. The United Nations has also accepted to resolve the Kashmir dispute as per the wishes and aspirations of its people but India has desisted from its kept promises. The pro-freedom leadership of Kashmir also believes that Kashmir issue should be resolved through the implementation of UN resolution or tripartite dialogue.
• But Indian government wants to continue its forced occupation on Kashmir and it is because of continuing this occupation that India hanged Shaheed Muhammad Maqbool Bhat and Shaheed Muhammad Afzal Guru. Kashmiris are raged over the secret hanging of Shaheed Afzal Guru because his family was deprived to meet him. Even his wife and son were not given the chance to meet him at least. It is strange that even his body was not returned but was caged in Tihar jail.
Meanwhile, democratic Freedom Party (DFP) Chairman Shabir Ahmad Shah while expressing his deep grief over the sad demise of Muslim Conference General Secretary Advocate Muhammad Ashraf Lone paid rich tributes to his political contribution. Shah Sahib prayed for his abode in paradise and expressed sympathy with the bereaved family. He said that the name of Advocate Muhammad Ashraf Lone will always be remembered throughout the history of freedom movement.